“In that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all the peoples to lift, all who lift it shall injure themselves”(Zechariah 12:2 the Tanakh)
The Word for “Injure themselves, can be interpreted as “Lacerate themselves”.
On the very week that the Ariel Sharon administration succumbed to the years long American diplomatic pressure on Israel to evacuate Gush Katif, the Jewish community in Gaza, hurricane Katrina struck our southern coastal area, ultimately to the detriment of the Bush presidency.
The following bullet points are from a World Net Daily article about the GAza/Katrina connection,
- Gaza’s Jewish communities were located in Israel’s southern coastal region; America’s southern coastal region now lies in ruins.
- The U.S. government called on Louisiana residents to evacuate their homes ahead of the storm. The Israeli government, backed by statements from U.S. officials, demanded Gaza residents evacuate their homes.
- Katrina, written in Hebrew, has a numerical equivalent of 374, according to a biblical numbering system upheld by all traditional Jewish authorities. Two relevant passages in the Torah share the exact numerical equivalent: “They have done you evil” (Gen. 50:17) and “The sea upon land” (Exodus 14:15).
- Bush, from Texas, and Rice, from Alabama, were the most vocal U.S. backers of the Gaza evacuation. Hurricane Katrina hit the states in between Texas and Alabama – Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Similarity in scenes: Many residents of Jewish Gaza climbed to their rooftops to escape the threat of expulsion, while residents of the Gulf Coast climbed on their own rooftops to protect themselves from the rising waters. Jewish Gaza homes described as beautiful and charming were demolished this week by Israel’s military. Once beautiful homes in New Orleans now lie in ruins.
- The day Katrina hit, Israel began carrying out what was termed the most controversial aspect of the Gaza withdrawal – the uprooting of bodies from the area’s Jewish cemetery. There have been media reports of corpses floating around in flooded New Orleans regions.
- Did God Send Katrina as a Judgment for Gaza? by Aaron Klein ( http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=32196 )
Now fast forward to April 19th 2010, which happened to be the 62nd anniversery of the modern state of Israel. While millions of Jews and friends of Israel celebrated the fulfillment of the prophecies of Israel’s regathering and rebirth, President Obama gave a speech outlining changes in foreign policy, most notably towards Israel .
The changes involved the longstanding use by the United States of veto power in the UN security council , whenever Anti-Israel resolutions are introduced.
I quote from an April 19th,2010 FoxNews.com article entitled; “Obama and Israel;Showdown at the UN?” by Ben Evansky-
The Obama administration is reportedly signaling another major shift in policy towards one of its staunchest allies, Israel, and this shift could change the way it votes at the Security Council. The change would mean an end to the US’ use of its veto power in the United Nations Security Council when certain anti-Israel resolutions are introduced for a vote.
Reports surfaced a couple of weeks ago, that a senior US diplomat met with Qatar’s foreign minister in Paris. They discussed the possibility that the US was giving serious consideration to not using its veto if a vote on Israeli settlements was to come up. It has been the policy of successive administrations to veto virtually all anti-Israel resolutions at the Security Council…
The very next day, April 20th ,2010, an explosion on a Gulf of Mexico oil rig, killed 11 workers and commenced the world’s worst natural disaster, that has not even yet been abated! Check out this video put out by Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Milton ,Florida… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPtaMgqOwL4
Who knows if there is a direct connection? He who sits in the heavens shall laugh-the Lord shall have them in derision…I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you…Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD!