|“How could one chase a thousand, And two put ten thousand to flight, Unless their Rock had sold them, And the LORD had given them up?(Deuteronomy 32:30)
One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.(Joshua 23;10)
A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.(Proverbs 25:26)
Recently a controversy surrounded General Jerry Boykin. The retired General had been invited to speak at a multi faith prayer breakfast at West Point, until an uproar arose from Islamic “civil Rights” groups such as CAIR, (the Council on American Islamic Relations),
We are expected to ignore the glaring contrast in this incident; that CAIR itself is an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation scandal that funneled “charity” to help known terrorist groups, and that Boykin is a true american hero, a special forces veteran, A Delta Operations commander, a three star general and wears a purple heart.
Boykin came under fire because of his remarks at other gathering of Christians, in 2002 , shortly after 9-11 , such as
* Saying that the war on terror has a spiritual dimension and is a war on Satan.
* Telling a congregation that America is a christian nation at its root.
* Of a Somali Terrorist Boykin said “He went on CNN and he laughed at us, and he said, ‘They’ll never get me because Allah will protect me. ….’ Well, you know what? I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.” ( Wikipedia)
For these and other “transgressions” this Special Forces veteran, former undersecretary of intelligence and war fighting and purple heart recipient has been censured and is currently being hounded out of public speaking venues by an anti american coalition that includes CAIR a proven front group for terrorism.
Boykin has graciously removed himself from the “prayer meeting” , not wanting to make it about himself. But there are several lessons we can glean from this disgraceful incident. As in other recent public episodes, “Wisdom is indeed crying out in the streets”, to those who have ears to hear.
* Our leaders are willfully blind – Godlessness at the top level of Government and among the shapers of our culture, has rendered them blind. Boykin’s “sin” was that he told the truth. Our elites have been steeped in toxic philosophies such as multiculturalism, and postmodernism for more than a generation now, they no longer know the difference between good and evil.
Consider the recent past, a time in an America which was yet influenced by a Christian consensus, in which Nazism was openly ridiculed, and no one would have considered the perspective of the homegrown “german american” community.
Those leaders could clearly see the dangers we faced, and didn’t hesitate to fight vigorously to protect our way of life, mobilizing the whole country into the war effort.
Contrast that with our current rulers. When a Muslim radical had infiltrated our armed forces, and massacred several soldiers at Ft Hood, the Government commissioned an inquiry into the causes that led to the treachery. The resulting report fails to mention Islam, nor the name of the shooter, Hasan Nidal.
( The 9-11 Report Fails To Mention Islam)
This can only be described as willful blindness.
* The inability of our secular elites to resist the assault of Islam . The General is right, this is a spiritual battle. One can’t resist a fervently held ,though false religion with a non religion. Secularism cannot deal with Islam. It can’t even bring itself to honestly identify the enemy. We don’t war against terror, we have been viciously blindsided by people who take their ideology from the Koran.
In a sane world, Islam would be publicly reviled, mocked, and inhibited in the west, from the day after 9-11.
It’s spokesmen would feel pressure to deferentially justify themselves to an indignant American population. Immigration quotas from proven Islamic terrorist states would be shut off entirely, radicalized Mosques would be shut down and their Imams deported.
Instead it is shamelessly appeased by our feckless leaders. We are subjected to images of US military officers presenting Korans to tribal chieftains , bowing and scraping, wearing gloves lest the infidel hands defile the “holy book”.
We see Presidents celebrating Ramadan in the White house, the festival of the religion which hates our very existence, and worse yet, a US president bowing low before the Saudi King, one of the most benighted tyrants on the world scene!
* We are a nation under Divine Judgment– What happens when the LORD judges a nation? He gives them rulers that are blind, effeminate, delusional, petulant and self loathing, as Isaiah warned Judah and Jerusalem,
For behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts,
Takes away from Jerusalem and from Judah
The stock and the store,
The whole supply of bread and the whole supply of water;
The mighty man and the man of war,
The judge and the prophet,
And the diviner and the elder;
The captain of fifty and the honorable man,
The counselor and the skillful artisan,
And the expert enchanter.
“I will give children to be their princes,
And babes shall rule over them….(Isaiah 3:1-4)
The Lord is the One who made us into the “home of the Brave” and He is the one who “Takes away the mighty man of war”, such as Boykin, or the thousands who will refuse to re-enlist due to the decree to make the Army welcome open homosexuals.
Even the most wealthiest, most powerful nation ever, is accountable to God.We were only great to the extent that we were good, when we ceased being good, we could no longer be great. How did we think it would turn out? Promoting abortion and “homosexual rights”around the globe?
I believe the Boykin incident is but another portent that we are a nation in decline, that a sentence of judgment hangs over our heads, and that our ruling class is leading us into an abyss.
The only security is in accepting the gift of being made right with God through Jesus Christ. As Isaiah warns,
“Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them,
For they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11 Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him,
For the reward of his hands shall be given him.
12 As for My people, children are their oppressors,
And women rule over them.
O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err,
And destroy the way of your paths.”(Isaiah 3:10-12)