I would like to clarify a few misconceptions about my position on the dispute which has arisen over the issue of David Nathan’s teachings and Moriel ministry.
- It has been erroniously reported that the reason I backed out of the Moriel Scotland conference that I was graciously invited to, was because of the way David Nathan has been treated by Moriel. This is not true. I backed out for personal reasons which had nothing to do with the controversy.
- I do not agree with David’s teaching on the sacrifices in the Millenium. I have always objected to them, and was hopeful that David would clearly repudiate them, especially the two statements, “The Blood of Jesus will not profit anyone in the Millenium” and perhaps even worse, his teaching that blood sacrifices will be offered in the Millenium which are by no means memorial! David is emphatic on that point. In my view that is a very clear heresy.
- I did ask David to clear this up, challenging him to do a point by point clarification of his doctrine.
- I have tried to keep my involvement in this affair limited, in a loving and professional way.But I do percieve I must now speak out.
- This is a tragedy, I consider David and his family as dear friends, and of course my friendship with Jacob is longstanding. None of this is about friendships or personal relationships.David my prayers are going up for you, and have done what I have done to help, I thought you could easily clear this up.
- But this has to be objectivley approached, the doctrine of Salvation and of the blood of Jesus is more important than any of us. I see why Jacob had to distance himself and Moriel from David’s teaching and sincerely wished we would have vetted a lot more thoroughly.
- I have also tried to avoid descending into the name calling, rancor and outright division which have been displayed by many on either side of this debate.It is not a problem to me that Christian ministers have differences in doctrine and even that they argue over doctrine. This is healthy and in my view very productive. It is only the party spirit and rancor which is unseemly which is objectionable.
- I hurt for the many who have come out of heretical churches, and thought they were utterly safe in the circle of teachers who have offered a critique of the modern church and its errors. Perhaps this is the main lesson we can glean from this….we can never rely on anyone or any group of ministries, we all must maintain the posture of the Bereans until Jesus comes back.
- Thank God for these ministries God has provided us in this time of Spiritual Famine, but never ever let down your guard. We are all still pilgrims, and have here no permanent resting place.