Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.(Psalm 2:5-6)
The LORD shall speak unto the Kings of the earth in wrath, He will trouble them, addressing the true heart of the controversy, which is Lordship. Who is the true Lord of the earth?
He speaks directly to those elites, the so called ‘Kings of the earth and their Rulers’ who would construct for themselves a new godless world order, an updated Tower of Babel, a godless world Unity, “I have appointed my King on my Holy Hill of Zion…”.The Word of God shall be that He has anointed a King to rule the world, even the Messiah, His anointed one, who will “reign in righteousness”.
The people of the earth must now choose, between the claims of the “Kings of the earth” and the claim upon their soul of the true King Messiah. No neutrality is possible, an either or test is at hand. Christ or Ceasar?
The pretender Kings have been allowed to have their way, throwing off the “shackles” of God’s religion, eschewing the Divinely revealed morality, lying and propagandizing the masses in order to construct their Utopian dream. This is truly their hour and the power of darkness.
We are currently seeing the rapid development of the long-awaited humanistic attempt to remake the world, throwing out God and His influence in the process.
Almost everything that God has ordained for human organisation , in the primal world order of Genesis chapters 1-11 has been systematically rejected by modern Science, religion, academia,the media, entertainment and our world political and cultural shapers.
*Creation by a personal God to whom we owe worship has been countered in the minds of the people by steeping them in the lie of evolution. We are three or four generations into the process and our civilization is in decline.
* Marriage between man and woman as an institution defined and sanctioned by God- Has been assaulted and denigrated by “a sexual revolution, and homosexual marriage”and other destructive factors such as the welfare state which subsidizes the “single parent ” family..
* The family as the primary human social unit is currently being supplanted by the claims of the humanistic state. I have heard with my own ears a Federal Judge tell a homeschooling father, that children belong to the state.
* The God assigned role of man and woman has been countered by indoctrination into feminism which is the repudiation of the female role of nurturer and caregiver. The gender confusion that this has created has led to the plague of sexual deviancy.
* Be fruitful and multiply – but now children are no longer seen as a blessing to be coveted, thus we have widespread birth control and abortion.Western populations are no longer even replacing themselves by birth, for “liberalism “is a death wish.
*Subdue the earth ? This is now seen as selfish and even exploitive, the governments of the earth are actually seeking to buy up millions of acres to create U.N. Biospheres, which are no go areas, cut off from human settlement or development.
* Death penalty for those who kill other human beings. The death penalty is seen as barbaric by the utopians ( unless of course you are referring to an unborn baby in the womb). Psychology has destroyed the sense of personal responsibility ,blaming society for crimes such as murder. Modern man would be even more merciful than the Holy God.
* After Babel God divided the nations that “they might seek Him”- But in the last century nationalism has been countered by multiculturalism, and the movement towards globalization.
* Even the divine promise, after the flood, that there would always be four seasons has been countered in a flimsy, obviously manipulated “global warming” hoax by which the Kings of the earth arrogate to themselves even more power over people.
Thus have the Kings of the earth set themselves directly against the Lord and His Christ on a primal level. There are definitely two differing visions for the future of humanity.
The Kings of the earth are angry, for they have convinced themselves that one of the impediments to their grand new world, is the “outdated” religion of the Lord and His Christ and the baggage that has come of it. They are rapidly concluding the need to do something about it.
… We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.Revelation 11:161-17)
The Kings of the earth often make a pretense of some kind of piety, for at this point in muc of the west , they have to. But in the end, clarity comes and pretense is dropped, and all is seen just for what it really is. For when Jesus returns to Judge the World in Righteousness, who steps out to oppose him openly?
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him(The Lamb) that sat on the horse, and against his army.(Revelation 19:19)
In truth it’s what the Kings of the earth have been doing for a long time, but at the end the resistance to God becomes obvious. But God will have the last Word.