This is a response to Jacob’s plea for “closure” on the Bill Randles issue. I too would like closure but feel that I should respond to a few items.
* Jacob , it was only a few weeks ago that you brought your Metatron teaching to Devore. You may indeed be trying to communicate that the ideas about a godhead, and a Trinity do not originate with Christians, but within Judaism. I get that. You did indeed say that the Kabbalah is an occult book, but then in your teaching you state that Jacob (the Patriarch) wrestled with the Metatron!
* I did not need to articulate the reason why you verbally abused, mocked and ridiculed the Menelaws. Everyone knows that it was in the midst of the debate with David Nathan. Jacob, why do we have to drag everyone thru the same slough over and over again? I actually stood with you against the errors of David Nathan and still maintain that the issues were never properly dealt with. I myself said that the Menelaws gave a “softball” interview to DN, in my public letter
But there is no reason to rail so harshly on others, it was embarrassing and that is why I chose to identify them as friends. I do not hate them, Dave Nathan, not even tbckawaii, Treena, or any of the other very abusive railers in this fiasco. I certainly do not hate you either Jacob, I am very sad that all of this has happened, and still hope for some kind of way we can glorify God in this mess.
* Craig White is not a pastor, leader, teacher, itinerant evangelist… none of the above. Craig is a simple Christian man, who has tried to educate himself on the subject of prophecy, and then has taken what he has to try and share his findings. He has some insights, and yes He has said some heretical things. The fact that I had him at my conference four years ago, says nothing about whether or not I am a promoter of heretics or heresy as you have accused me.
I did fail to vet him thoroughly, but rather than fire up the heresy witch-hunt machine, I have chosen to try to dialogue with him and to reach him. He shouldn’t have said that sometimes the expression “Son of Man” refers to the Anti-Christ. As soon as Scott pointed it out to me, I took it off of our website. I thought we had removed it from You Tube but have had trouble doing so.
* Peter Danzey- You told me, in your confidential letter to Petia, which you encouraged her to share, “As widely as possible” , that you had evidence that Peter teaches that the two witnesses are the Father and the Spirit and that thy have to die on the cross before our salvation could be completed. You had “evidence for every syllable!You were going to send me the teachings Peter had been doing. Remember?
Your 38 pages of back and forth with Peter which contained Discussions from four years ago, (we all agreed that Peter had a wrong notion four years ago), , and the recording of a teaching Peter did in April on Genesis 18, in which he believes that the Trinity appeared to Abraham and Sarah out side of their tent…felt like bait and switch
I would have denounced Peter if you had proven him to be teaching any of the erroneous and outrageous things he was said to have taught, but I got nothing from you, that I didn’t already know. Last Time I checked, it isn’t a sin to think that the Trinity were the three who visited Abraham and Sarah in their tent. I do not personally believe it, but that is a far cry from saying the Father and Spirit have to be crucified for our sins.
* I have a teaching on Revelation 12 Jacob, it’s called “the Woman clothed with the Sun” and I do not know what you are talking about trying to associate me with Robert Breaker and his views on Astronomy or whatever. It is sad for you to go there, as my views on that subject are orthodox and well established in public.
* Jacob, I hope you do get closure. Believe me when I say this has been a painful experience for me as well, and for a lot of people who have looked for sound doctrine and some kind of an example from all of us. I still care about you, and certainly do not wish you anything but a blessing. It is very hard to take the fact that you referred to me more than once as “Judas”, and even in a public teaching, But Jesus has forgiven me so much, who would I be to ever withhold forgiveness from you?
One final thought, Jacob. I am blessed to remain as Pastor of a small, but vibrant, loving, spirit filled church. I do not deserve it, but I get to be what God called me to be, long before we met, and I am so grateful for that. I love the people who left for various reasons, they were and are fine people, Christians, but none of them has ever told me that they left because of doctrine. I have no doubt they are enriching churches all over Cedar Rapids and that makes me very happy. Shalom.